Tuesday 4 February 2014

Breakfast Muffins !!!

I have not blogged for a while, mainly because I have been busy with life and love and baking.


I have developed a recipe for breakfast muffins as I call them, because I have been eating them for breakfast.  They are whole wheat, with applesauce instead of butter, hemp seed hearts and bananas. I normally mix them up while I'm cooking dinner in the oven and then once dinner is out of the oven I pop the muffins in and by the time were done eating, the muffins are done!


My recipe makes about a dozen big muffins and a dozen mini muffins which is good because my 19 month old can't get enough of them. I make my batter and dish it into the muffin tins, then add my extra, walnuts or blueberries or Sharae's favourite chocolate chip!!! 

 Banana Walnut for Mama, and Mini Banana Chocolate Chip for the kiddo


Here is the recipe...


3 large ripe or frozen thawed banana
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup applesauce
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp hemp seed hearts (opt)
1 tbsp chia seeds (opt)


Prehead Oven to 375 degrees... timing varies, my oven does them in 15 minutes but the recipe said 18-20.... also the muffin tins, spray that shit with Pam... or else your muffins will stick


Throw the first 4 ingredients in the mixer and blend. Mix the dry ingredients together and add to the mixer. 


I normally let it mix about 30 seconds to incorporate most of the ingredients, but you don't want a lot of air bubbles in your batter. Then I remove and mix the rest by folding it with a spatula.

If I am only doing one kind of muffin add 3/4 cup of nuts/fruit/chocolate chips while you fold. If you want to do different types add the batter to the tins then add the rest and stir around with a chopstick or something. 


There you have it. My new muffin recipe. I personally like it with walnuts. It makes nice moist muffins that are a hit with my whole family so whats not to love!!!


 I've made these muffins many times this week, and I discovered that I can fit the entire recipe's dry ingredients into these old applesauce container's. (I knew I've been keeping them for something !!! Take that Eric !!! Ha ! ) There is also a bag in the top that has the sugar for the recipe to add with the wet ingredients. This way I just need to throw the wet ingredients into our mixer, which now permanently resides on our counter and then throw this mix into the bowl when its ready !!! Super efficient if you ask me.


On the workout front I have now worked out 16 days in a row !!! I am super thrilled, I can already feel physical results. More energy more stamina more strength! I'm not allowed to take pictures or measurements for another 2 weeks but I will say this. 2 weeks ago I tried on some old size 29 Chado jeans, and I could hardly squeeze into them let alone get the button done up.  Well yesterday I tried them on, and low and behold after just more than 2 weeks, I could do up the button !!! I still cant zip them, and I have a crazy muffin top but its progress!!! Just like the full 20s plank and 50 squats I can do!!!


Its amazing that in such a short time I can make progress. I know they say that beauty is on the inside, and that's what matters, and I have to say that I totally agree. That being said, when I do my make-up in the morning, I feel put together, and a little bit more "awake". I've worked on the basics and can do a simple nice look in less than 10 minutes, but lately I have been experimenting with makeup, much to my husbands bank accounts dismay, which I have discovered makes doing my makeup a little less of a "chore" and "one more thing to do in the morning" and a lot more fun ! Even if I don't get around to doing it until 1pm when my kids are napping its still worth it. 

How have I been on the mental/emotional front? Doing pretty good, I haven't had any meltdowns lately, a few rough days but nothing that I can't handle. Working out is helping with that as well, its true what they say about released endorphins ! I've tweaked my workout a bit... this is what I am currently doing every day, slowly increasing the amount.

Arm Challenge: 8x push ups, 20 second plank, 8x chair dips (repeated once)
Ab/Squat challenge: 10x sit ups, 10x regular crunches, 10x bicycle crunches, 10x each side crunch twist, 10x reverse crunches and 5x v-up crunch (twice) followed by 40 squats. (the other day I did 50 squats, I was pretty proud but I regretted it later).

The ab routine is killer but it works !!! I normally do this Sunday-Friday (with Sunday as an optional rest day that I have not yet taken) and on Saturday I do yoga !

Ok this post has gone on long enough, perhaps I'll get on my computer long enough tomorrow to write another one.
Have a good night everyone !!! 

P.S: Blogger keeps saying I have views, if your reading this, can you leave a comment and say Hi??? I want to know if there are real humans reading this or if the Internet is lying to me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment