Sunday 19 January 2014

I did it !!!

I'd been avoiding it all day, getting other things done, yet constantly my eyes would drift over to the wall above my computer in the living room. Where I have taped my 30 day challenge on the wall so that I can't miss it and so it is accessible.

I was finally sitting on the couch, eating some salt and vinegar chips, reading Mockingjay while my girls napped, throwing dirty looks at the workout plan I had promised to do, yet really couldn't bring myself to "feel" like working out... So I bucked up and got my ass off the couch. Funny the whole thing took less than 10 minutes and I got to put a shiny star sticker on today's workout. 

The result? Breathless and feeling like jello. I have realized that I am hopelessly out of shape. I think I am going to do each day twice, so basically my 30 day challenge to myself is in reality only half of each "challenge", but looking ahead to day 15, doing 45 situps kind of scares the crap out of me right now... So lets make this practical... I'll put stickers on each day twice :-) and the deal is if I miss a day that isn't a "rest" day then I repeat the previous day before proceeding. I don't want to go to far too fast and get overwhelmed and very very sore and give up entirely, so we will keep it practical.

So thats my post today, just letting anyone who reads this know that I did in fact succeed at starting my workout plan. Which is a bit of a big thing for me these days :-P

Now to get on with making 4 shepherds pies for the freezer :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment