Saturday 22 February 2014

Full work-out post...

I've already said I did it. I set out a challenge to work out 30 days in a row. And I did. I am seriously so freeking proud of myself, and I have not lost the momentum. After my 30 days, I celebrated by taking a day off, I was dealing with a lot mentally that day as it was and that was exhausting enough, but I picked right back up and haven't missed a day since.

So here it is... This is what I was doing by the end of my work out. I started small, and eventually worked my way up to this, I was so woefully out of shape, but even this has been huge for me :-)

10 push-ups
30 second plank
10 chair dips

*I still do wimp push ups on my knees, same with the plank, but I will get to the real ones eventually. This is repeated twice ! This is for the arms. I am going to change/add some stuff for arms that involves the use of my 5lb weights (yes 5lb... its what I have hahaha)

This next part is for abs/legs

15 sit ups
15 crunches
15 bicycle crunches
15 v-up crunches
15 twist crunches
15 reverse crunches 
15 long arm crunches

Followed by 30 squats (I was doing 50, but my thighs are getting bigger, and I'm not so keen on that, so I need to figure out something else for legs but for the time being I have decreased the squats.

I have recently added a Yoga sun salutation routine to the beginning and end of my work out.

So, after 30 days, what were the results. First off, a Challenge. Any body working out... TAKE BEFORE PICTURES... 4 pictures, from all sides.... and hide them away. Don't look at them. Also, take your measurements, arms, legs, chest, waist, etc... And then stick to it... whatever you do, stick to it for 30 days. You can also weigh yourself, but I really would not pay too much attention to this number over the next 30 days.

After 30 days, what did I see... My legs and arms had gotten bigger, but I also have muscle when I flex now :-) which is exciting. My boobs didn't change, hips didn't change, but the biggest change of all, was losing 3.5 inches around my waist at the belly button !!! 

The fact that I am breastfeeding comes into play with the fact that I literally am not watching what I eat at all. Getting an entire caramel bar pie is not un-heard of for me, takes me a few days to eat but I am not holding back so far as calories are concerned. I am trying my best to fill my families stomach with whole healthy foods, as opposed to overly processed foods, the fact that we are going through about 4+ bunches of Banana's in 2 weeks for eating/smoothies/muffins not to mention all the fruit my toddler eats I'd say were doing pretty good :-)

I feel healthy, I have more energy, more stamina and more strength. I am also sort of fitting into those size 29 jeans a whole lot better than I was 5 weeks ago :-) 

Stick to it, set your goals, and focus on the positives !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment